Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Obsessions: The All-I-Want-For-Christmas Edition

This is my favorite time of year.  I not only love the music and the cooler weather and scarves and being able to drink a latte without sweating, but I absolutely love Christmas.  No other time of year does the city sparkle at night like it does during Christmas time.  Love.It. 

For my obsessions this month, I decided to show you what's on my Christmas Wish List.  Since Mr. Bean surprised me with a Silhouette SD for our anniversary (we don't do gifts for our anniversary, so I really was surprised), I told him not to get me anything for Christmas and I meant it.  So, this is the wish list that follows the Silhouette if I hadn't already gotten the number one thing on my list.  Enjoy!


1.  Jelly Roll Pans.  I have some cookie sheets without a lip, but some baking just requires that lip.
2.  Jonathan Adler iPhone covers....when they come out with covers for the iPhone 4.  Any one will do. 
3.  Heather Bailey Jack & Jill Lunch Bag Pattern.  I bring my lunch to work most of the time.  It's about time I look cute doing it. 
4.  Anolon Advanced cookware.  Mr. Bean bought me some really expensive nice cookware pieces, but despite using only bamboo cooking utensils, the piece of crap teflon peels. 
5.  Rule Breaking Quilts.  I got an opportunity to go to the International Quilt Festival last month and I am ready to break some quilting rules.  After I learn to quilt.  Whenever that may be. 
6.  Denyse Schmidt Quilts.  A lot of bloggers are recommending this one.  I love the triangle one in the upper left hand corner.  I kind of dream about having this draped over a chair (which I'd have to buy once I made the quilt. So it could match, of course.) 
7.  M. Flynn Earrings.  Four words:  Antique.Swarovski.Flower.Earrings.  Four letters: L.O.V.E.  Seriously, do I need to say anymore?
8.  A Kindle.  No explanation is necessary.  I love this new color, too.
9.  Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour.  This was already an obsession of mine.  I just want to reiterate that to the world wide web.  And anyone who might be reading that might want to buy me something. Kidding....kidding.
10. Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.  The staples are smaller than a mini stapler (which usually seems like it's still too big) and it just seems easier and safer to use.  The last time I was working with my mini stapler, I put a staple thru my finger.  Not cool.

As you can see, I am a simple girl with simple thoughts. OK, that is a lie.  But I pretty much buy myself what I want all year around, so my Christmas wish list always stays pretty tame.  I hope you enjoyed them anyway!

2 comments:

Anita said...

good list! I have to suggest that you give the nook color a shot, I am still happy with mine. :) and I CAN NOT WAIT to see the silu in action.

Unknown said...

OOO... these are too cute! I love that lunch bag! Have you read about Amy Bulter? She makes lovely bags too!