Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Card.

Just thought I'd quickly post a few pics. This is a card I made last weekend for a baby christening that we went to.


The patterened paper is a beautiful chiyogami paper I found at a paper store that was closing by my office. I bought it thinking it'd be perfect for a baby. The chiyogami paper had flecks stars of gold on it, so the yellowish paper is actually a gold shimmer paper that I had left over from a wedding I helped out on.

This is my first attempt at sewing on a card. I'd read so many horror stories about how sewing on paper broke several people's machines, so needless to say, I was hesitant to try it. It was no big deal. My sister says the secret is using a denim needle and not trying to sew through any adhesive. So, there you go! I also made an envelope for the card with a matching liner but the pics of that came out all blurry.

Here is the gift I wrapped.

I personally think that the wrapping on a gift makes it even more special, so I always take time to wrap gifts. I wanted to make the card a part of the wrapping. I toyed around with the idea of a pocket, but I didn't like the results. So, I literally have it tied down by the ribbon. The idea being that it would bring the color I wanted on the wrapping without using as much paper. In retrospect, I think I would have omitted 2 of the stripes of ribbon. Just looks like a lot to me, but I am pleased with how it turned out.

I am slowly working on getting our pics of Napa put up on our website, but I am having issues getting enough time on Mr. B's computer. So, don't hold your breath. :)

No comments: