Friday, October 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle, Again

And we're back!!! Hurricane Ike sort of threw us for a loop the past couple of weeks. I can say I have never been more appreciative of working stop lights until now. I mean, everyone followed the rules, and I never saw an issue with some jerk going before he was supposed to, but it's nice to not have to constantly watch all four sides of a huge intersection and determine when it's your time to go. I know, not a big deal, but very frustrating when you have to stop at like 40 lights just to get somewhere.

Work, on the other hand, was pretty slow up until yesterday. We got power back pretty quickly at work, but then a transformer blew and knocked it out for a few more days just to make sure we didn't forget what it was like to be without it. We just got back our internet as well, so it was a flashback to like 1992 and how it must have been without email, cnn.com, and Yahoo Launchcast. B O R I N G. Anyway, I realized how much time I spend on the internet at work, so I will make a valient effort to keep it to a minimum from now one. Except today. Since I am still at work. :)

Anyway, Mr. Bean and I had a pretty eventful couple of weeks, despite the hurricane. My sister's good friend got married in Austin and had a small, quaint wedding. Mr. B and I were pretty much the only ones crying (we are both criers), but it was very sweet nonetheless. We were both honored to be invited since there was only 20 people there including us and the bride and groom. It was the exact opposite of the wedding we attended this past weekend in Aspen, but both were charming in their own sense. The Austin wedding really reminded me of what it's all really supposed to be about. I think I got a little carried away with my wedding and it's drama myself, so it was cool to look back at Mr. B while they were saying their vows and remember our day just a couple of years ago when we were saying our own vows. Very sweet.

My friend's wedding in Aspen was about as gorgeous as they come. It was truly a dream wedding for most. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and the people couldn't have been more cool. The groom's side sort of challenged all of us to see who could party the hardest, but I think they weren't ready for what we could bring. I am just glad the bride is still talking to us. :) We were all at the top of our game and pretty much determined that yes, she's the quiet friend. I won't elaborate. All I will say is, I have 4 massive bruises and was sore for about 3 days. Some may say it was from raising the roof a little too much, but I will blame it on the white water rafting and the altitude. :)

Their ceremony was probably the sweetest I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot if you count up how many wedding shows I have watched. The groom had me wanting to sob outloud, but I managed to hold it in and release just the right amount of sniffles. I just hope that the video and photos don't show the ugly-cry-face that I pretty much know I had. Good times.

So back to reality. I am getting excited about the holidays this year and will start planning Mr. B's birthday ski trip. I am a sucker for all that is Halloween and cannot wait until the Nutcracker Market so I can blow some dough!!

Sorry for the boring post. I will post some more later with some of the stuff I've been working on. I think you'll like it!!

No comments: