Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September Obsessions

Hello, Friend!  I think I'm back!  I think I've caught up enough at work that I feel more comfortable slacking off and blogging a bit. So, here I am!

There isn't much to catch you up on.  The last few weeks have been really just a lot of working and cooking and cleaning and purging.  I am feeling like a normal person again, so I've actually started cooking again.  The smell would get to me too much to ever finish what I started, so I've been avoiding the kitchen the last few months.  Mr. Bean is relieved because he prefers home food and is not a fan of eating out constantly and he is always too tired when he comes home from work to cook himself.  So he is grateful that he doesn't have to worry about dinner anymore. I am just grateful that I am not as sensitive to smells anymore.

I feel like I am forever saying that I am purging and cleaning, but I think the end is near.  I guess I have always had enough room to keep my purging pretty minimal since I have always had two spare rooms to still hoard stuff.  But now that Baby Bean will be occupying one of those rooms, I had to really get down to the nitty gritty and get rid of a ton of stuff.  My mom is the cleaning/organizing/purging extraordinaire so she has helped me a lot.  I am proud of what we've gotten done so far, but there are a million little things to still go thru.  I aim to finish that up by this weekend so we can paint her room.  Oh, did I not mention that?  We are having a girl!  When we found out, Mr. Bean's first words were, "First we buy the crib, then we buy the shotgun."  :)  So I think you can guess what kind of daddy he will be...

I can't wait to get her room painted so I can start making things.  I am a procrastinator at heart, so I know my list of things I'd like to make is more of a wish list, but I will definitely keep you posted on what I do make.  This is a craft blog, after all.  Not a Pintobean update blog. Word?

This obsessions post will be short because I really haven't been reading about anything other than baby stuff lately.

{image via Dotmmo}

Gardens of Time.  Thanks to Sharmee, I am absolutely addicted to this game.  She told me she was addicted so I downloaded it to see what all the fuss was about. And now I am obsessed.  The part that they get you is that you are limited on your energy so you can only play a limited amount of time.  In order to get more energy, you either buy more gold or you wait it out.  And trust me, it feels like forever when you wait so it is mighty tempting. But, man, is it worth the wait.


All Cause of You by The 88.  So I am a bit embarrassed to admit this, but if you promise not to judge, I'll tell you.  While I was home one day with a bad bout of morning sickness, I started watching Blue Lagoon: The Awakening.  I am a sucker for teen romance movies.  Like Geek Charming.  Please don't judge.  You promised you wouldn't.  Anyway, BLTA was a mini obsession of mine for a few days.  The movie itself could have been a bit better, but it satisfied my craving for a good teenie bopper love story.  However, the soundtrack rocked.  I went crazy trying to find a proper soundtrack listing and apparently other people on the world wide web were doing the same thing.  Some other awesome songs:  I Do by Dave Thomas Junior,  December Days by Tim Hanauer, and No One Here by The 88.

That's all I've got for this month!

In other news, I've started up a website.  Pintobean Creates.  I haven't done anything with it yet, but that is in the To Do list.....one day...  And I apologize for the Papyrus font on there.  Mr. Bean typed it all in for me as I've got to figure out how to actually make a website so I can get that started.  He knows not what he does.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention you can also get energy through gifts. You are welcome for the energy I give you to live your wonderful life :)

Anita said...

ok, spill the color scheme for BGP's room!!!

Elton said...

Have you seen the Amazon social game? :) https://www.facebook.com/LivingClassics Have no idea how good it is, but I know the team here worked hard on it.