Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September Obsessions

Hello, Friends!  Sorry I've been neglecting you.  Work has been really busy.  Every year I have the same audit and every year I let it bite me in the butt.  In my defense, I usually delay the audit for a couple of months, but this time I decided to get it over with. And I am paying for it now.  Anyway, enough work talk.  Because that is just boring.

My September Obsessions will be short.  I haven't had time to obsess over much so I am kind of in an obsession slump.  But here we go....


{image via Lifetime}
Project Runway.   This is a yearly obsession for me.  I've been watching Project Runway since Season 3 after having caught a marathon of seasons 1 and 2.  As soon as PR is over for the year, I honestly feel a void in my week....until it returns. Love Nina. Love Heidi. Love Tim.  His "Make it Work" is something I tell myself probably twice a day.  Love Michael Kors.  Sometimes I have to rewind the DVR because I'm laughing so hard at his comments, I can't hear what happened next..  Some of my MK favs......
  • “Next thing you know, it’s big button earrings and you’re on ‘The Facts of Life.’”
  • “She looks like a Pole dancer in Dubai.”
  • “She looks like an Amish Cocktail Waitress.”
  • “She looks like a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral.”
Oh, MK.  You make me laugh.  My favorite designer this season?  Anya


{image via Helen Musselwhite}

Helen Musselwhite.  Totally inspired by her work.  There isn't much else to say other than she's kind of my idol.  Every time I look at her work, it makes me happy. 




Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson's Relator.  I love everything about this song.  I heard it the other day on my iPod. I'd forgotten I bought it.  Love when I rediscover a song on my iPod.

2 comments:

Seester said...

Dude. I seriously spit when MK made the "The Facts of Life" comment!

Anita said...

How did I miss this post?! Also, how did I miss MK's earrings comment? Either way, I'm so ready to get my hair cut like Anya.