Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Obsessions

I'm working on a crafty post for you, I promise.  But, I figured since it is officially May that I would start the month off right with a post on my latest obsessions.
{image via Amazon}
OPI: Samoan Sand.  I thought about this as I was getting my nails done for Julie's wedding.  I don't typically get manicures because I get antsy with the all the small movements and poking and prodding.  I feel like I am being restrained and slowly tortured.  Like the torture where they just drop tiny droplets of water on you until you go insane.  I know.  Dramatic.  But I really do get sort of a claustrophobic get-me-out-of-here feeling when someone is doing my nails.  Anyway, I usually do my own nails and I used to be forever searching for that perfect everyday nail polish. This has been my go-to nail polish for at least 5 years.  Probably twice that if I really thought about it.  One coat on top of a clear base coat always does the trick.  I used to buy countless bottles of nail polish trying to find that perfect shade of a neutral-but-not-too-pink-and-not-too-tan-and-not-too-white.  This is it. I always have at least 3 bottles at home for fear of it being discontinued and any time I see it in the stores, I pick up another bottle when I can because it is often sold out.  So, stock up.  If it gets a little old/thick, just add a drop or two of nail polish remover into the bottle and shake it up.  It's just like new.  

{image via Sew Mama Sew}
Summersville fabric designed by Lucie Summers for Moda Fabrics.  I am 100% obsessed with this fabric collection.  I have been eyeing it pretty much everyday.  I will add like 40 yards of it into my cart and then dream of all the things I want to make with it.  *sigh*   I don't know if I can pick favorites, so the only answer is to buy out Sew Mama Sew's stock. I want it all. And I want it now.

{image via Amazon}
Ruffle Foot.  Seeing ruffles makes me giddy.  Making them....not so much.  I was asking my mom if there was a shortcut for making ruffles and she practically disowned me she so disgusted.  You'll see why I was asking in my next post.  But then I found this ruffle foot and I became her second favorite daughter once again.  I didn't know there was such a contraption but man, did it save my life.  It makes ruffles in half the time it usually takes.  My aunts and my grandma were even impressed. Now I kind of want to ruffle everything.  Just doing what I can to make the world a cuter place to live....


White Stripes.  Icky Thump.  When I have a big project to work on, I always rely on my good friends The White Stripes to keep me going.  With all the wedding stuff going on, I've had the Icky Thump album on repeat for about a month now.  Especially this song.  There are very few bands I can listen to over and over again and not get sick of them.  Love me some White Stripes.  While we are on the topic...have you heard their cover of Jolene?  Kind of fantastic.

That's it for May!  

1 comment:

Anita said...

Oh! the nail polish reminds me we need to do the nail stamping stuff too!! Fun!! :)